You have a simple idea coming from a need of sea users? You have a more mature project that needs a boost or special expertise? Submit your challenge as a natural person or legal entity in Ancona, one of the 19 cities organising the event.
Once your challenge accepted, participate to the 5th edition of Ocean Hackathon® from 9th to 11th October and perhaps be chosen to represent Ancona during the international final contest. Ocean Hackathon® is a unique opportunity to experience an idea around the sea by the access to a variety of digital data, the presence of coaches who will help in developing your project, and the motivation of your team members working 48h in a studious but relaxed atmosphere.
Ocean Hackathon® is an initiative by "Campus mondial de la mer" which encourages sharing the use of new digital technologies and an entrepreneurial spirit. The resultant projects enhance the value of marine and maritime data, often by repurposing it. Data providers focus their efforts on improving data accessibility and comprehension and are involved in coaching participants throughout the event.
Ocean Hackathon® is supported by seven French national bodies with an ambassadorial role: Ifremer (French Institute for Ocean Science), Shom (French hydrographic and oceanographic service), Météo France (French National Meteorological Service), Le Village by CA (start-up acceleration network), Office Français de la Biodiversité (French Biodiversity Office), Cluster Maritime Français (French Maritime Cluster) and Cedre (French accidental water pollution centre).
WHAT'S A CHALLENGE:
- A simple idea or a need of sea users;
- A more mature project that needs a boost or special expertise.
THE CHALLENGES' OWNERS:
Legal entities and individual people that...
- agree with the rules of the call;
- participate to work-sessions together with their team;
- register in September if their challenge is selected.
SOME TOPICS OF CHALLENGES:
- Some challenge topics in 2019: marine pollution (plastic wastes, invasive plants, oil spills...), participative science, scientific mediation/pedagogy, nautism and nautic sports, maritime history, communication at sea, navigational aid, maritime safety, decision support, ecology...
- Few additional topics this year: invasive species/eutrophication, ecoinnovation/ecodesign, sustainable ecotourism, polar issues...